Monday, November 13, 2017

Season's Greetings

Season's Greetings card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
I went with a seasonal design for my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I turned the layout's large round frame into a wreath made from a kraft stitched circle die cut.  The holly leaves were hand cut (after a few false starts . . .).  The berry accents are a trio of red enamel dots.  I stamped the "season's greetings" sentiment from the Hand Lettered Holiday stamp set in the center of the wreath in darker green ink to coordinate with the holly leaves. After edging the panel with a strip of green cardstock, again to match the leaves, I used foam tape to adhere it to a card base with a strip of multicolored striped patterned paper.  The colors are a fun mix of seasonal and not so seasonal cards and work perfectly with my design.

Materials Used:
Hand Lettered Holiday stamp set, Die-namics Single Stitch Circle Frames (My Favorite Things); Cottage Ivy ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Spring Moss and Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Garden Green cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Merry and Bright 6x6 paper pad (Carta Bella); red enamel dots (My Mind's Eye); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips