Sunday, December 25, 2011

You Warm my Heart

Here's my clean and simple card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. My original plan for the card was more like the original one here, but I ended up making a few adjustments along the way.

I used the coffee mug image from Papertrey Ink's Warm Happiness Too stamp set for my focal image. I had die cut three mugs from coordinating paper scraps to mimic the original design, but when I tried to place them on the cardfront, they were too big to all fit, so I decided to go with just the one fun striped pattern. I'm sure I can find another use for the other cute die cut mugs!

The mug is set on a berry cardstock strip that runs across the kraft card base. I stamped the set's open heart image above the mug, like in the original card. It's highlighted with a little glitter along the inside of the image. A strip of berry ribbon is knotted around the bottom of the matching cardstock strip and the sentiment is stamped just above the knot.

I've enjoyed a quiet day at home with Chloe the cutie puppy. We've taken a brisk walk in the cold morning air and cleaned out a few closets (that's one of my goals for my time off this week). I'm heading out soon to meet my family for our traditional Christmas night dinner at TGI Friday's. Not a bad way to spend the day!

Materials Used:
Warm Happiness Too stamp set, Berry Sorbet cardstock, Warm Happiness dies, Berry Sorbet satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Memento Rich Cocoa ink (Tsukineko); Lime Twist-Life of the Party 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); clear Stardust pen (Sakura); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips